Over 100 years ago, a group of people met to establish a synagogue to meet the needs of their Patchogue Jewish community. A synagogue was built at the corner of Oak Street and Jayne Avenue which to this day remains the center of Jewish life in this area. When originally built, it had a small balcony for the women and was heated by a large, cantankerous, pot-bellied stove. In 1931, the community realized that it had outgrown its quarters and plans were formulated to build a larger synagogue. The new structure was completed in 1933 and dedicated by the Lieutenant Governor of New York State, the Honorable Herbert H. Lehman. The mortgage was burned in 1944. A new addition to our Temple was built in 1968. It includes a modern sanctuary and a social hall, complete with facilities for a caterer.